uggs for toddlers Third death in three months at Barlow Street home
TRAVERSE CITY A man is dead after police said they couldn’t revive him from a suspected overdose at a home on Barlow Street the third substance abuse related death at the home in three months.
Traverse City police Chief Jeff O’Brien said Twyman Mark Burnell, 51, of Traverse City, a few minutes past midnight Saturday was found without a pulse at a home on Barlow Street. Officers attempted to revive him with an opiate overdose reversal medication but were unsuccessful, he said. Burnell was pronounced dead a short time later.
The home was a familiar scene for officers; O’Brien said the rental unit has a history with illicit drug use. Burnell was the third person found dead at 1002 Barlow St. since August, O’Brien added. One man died from diabetic issues with alcohol and another died from a suspected heroin overdose earlier this year, he said.
O’Brien said another resident stopped home to grab his cigarettes and noticed Burnell was acting drowsy and that his skin had turned a shade of grey. The man called 911 and police responded to find Burnell dead. Two other men, 32 and 35, and a woman, 38, also were inside the home. They were interviewed but no arrests were made.